Sometimes it might not be colic!
Consult your health care provider!
It’s helpful for you to consult your health care provider in case your baby has the following symptoms:
- Frequent vomiting in association with painful crying can be indicative of gastroesophageal reflux.
- Bright green vomiting with colicky crying can indicate a serious intestinal blockage requiring immediate medical attention.
- Stomach pains could be a sign of milk allergies that tend to make the baby fussy.
- Symptoms such as blood or mucus in the baby’s stool and frequent vomiting after feeding.
- Finally, fever, refusal to eat, and poor weight gain are not consistent with colic and always warrant a call to the health care provider.
All content here is considered as opinion only. It’s important to always seek the direct advice of your own healthcare provider in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding colic.