Tiredness And Fatigue During Pregnancy
Tiredness and fatigue during pregnancy
Tiredness is a normal feeling during pregnancy. It's caused by all the work your body's doing to look after your baby and by all the changes taking place in your hormone levels - so make sure you slow down and give yourself plenty of breaks.
How to manage tiredness during pregnancy
It can be tough fighting tiredness during pregnancy – especially in the latter stages. There are a few things you can do to help you feel less tired:
• Taking 20 minutes 'time out' mid morning and mid afternoon could recharge your batteries.
• Putting your feet up could ease any fluid retention and help you relax more.
• If you're tired, a healthy balanced diet is even more important to keep your immunity levels high.
• Iron rich foods, like leafy green vegetables, can boost your energy too.
• Try not to rely on sugary food to get you through the day.
• Take all the offers of help you can get.
• Relax, rent a film, do some on-line shopping – whatever takes your fancy.
• Maybe treat yourself to a day off. You deserve it!